Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Writing prompt contest for teens

This contest is closed.


"So it turned out that reading my sister’s diary was a mistake."

 Hey everybody, Catsi Eceer here. If you're reading this, you're awesome. Thanks so much for stopping by to check us out.
After a long time of planning and a not-so-long time of Elisabeth setting up, we're starting our first contest. 
Here's what you're supposed to be doing:
  • Start with the sentence "So it turned out that reading my sister’s diary was a mistake."
  • Continue the scene for 138 more words.
  • Edit, fix it up, and enter it in the form below!
Before we go any farther, though, there are a few rules I need to lay out:
  1. Content. No swearing, nothing overly violent or inappropriate. Keep the writing on a PG-13 but leaning towards PG level.
  2. Teen entrants only. 
  3. Only one entry per person.
  4. Your entry must be 150 words or less, including the prompt sentence.
  5. Get your entry in by January 4th.
If I feel that an entry has violated one of these rules, it will be disqualified.
Don't be scared by that, though. Just play by the rules, and I won't bite.
Not very hard, anyway.

There aren't any prizes this time around, other than bragging rights. We'll post the winners on the 11th of January.



I have one other thing to say, unrelated to this contest. I want to thank Elisabeth for all the work she has put into this blog. She kept going, even when I know I would have given up. Without her, this post would literally not be here. You go, girl.

Now, good luck, and happy writing!

Contest has closed. The winners will be posted on January 11th.

No comments:

Post a Comment